Join Our Team
Jobs | Internships | Volunteer Opportunities
Antiques Roadshow National Marketing Internship
WGBH is public service media for New England - on TV, radio, the Web, and out in the community.
We're the single largest producer of PBS prime-time and online programming, and a major source of
programs heard on public radio from coast to coast. We're a pioneer in educational multimedia and
in media access technologies for people with hearing or vision loss.
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW marks its 14th season in 2010 as PBS's highest-rated series.
In each episode, curious collectors bring their treasures to the nation's leading appraisers,
who uncover the stories and reveal the true value of antiques and collectibles. Veteran
television personality Mark L. Walberg serves as series host.
The AR National Marketing department publicizes the program and all related activities
(books, Web, educational products, access technologies, etc.) to media outlets across the
The Antiques Roadshow (AR) Marketing intern will be responsible for the following duties
- Monitor press clips
- Organize clips and compile monthly clip reports
- Photo research for listings and press requests using the Roadshow photo database
- Assist in sending out screeners to press
- Assist in social media outreach, including AR's Facebook and Twitter pages
- Research relevant publications, summer tour locations, and promotion opportunities
- Complete other basic writing assignments, such as photo captions
- Help with other projects and tasks as assigned
- Proficiency in internet research and the use of social networking sites
- Familiarity with marketing/public relations basics
- Strong organizational skills and the proven ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Preferred Majors: Communications, Marketing, TV/Film, or English
WGBH Intern Requirements:
- WGBH internships are open only to students enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Internships are unpaid.
Applicants for the position should send a resume and a statement of interest by email to:
or by mail to:
WGBH Educational Foundation
Human Resources Department
One Guest Street
Boston, MA 02135
WGBH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Please note that this job description is meant to be
a generic description and represents the minimum job duties an individual will be required
to perform. Individual departments will/can customize job descriptions and hours of work to
meet their specific needs.